Candidates can get Best Wind Electric Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
WIND ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
by S. N. Bhadra and D. Kastha
01: Global Energy Scenario (C-1.5, L-15)
- Role of energy in economic development and social transformation: Energy & GDP, GNP and its dynamics.
- Discovery of various energy sources: Energy Sources and Overall Energy demand and availability, Energy Consumption in various sectors and its changing pattern, Exponential increase in energy consumption and Projected future demands.
- Energy Resources: Coal, Oil, Natural Gas, Nuclear Power and Hydroelectricity, Solar and Other Renewable etc. Depletion of energy sources and impact exponential rise in energy consumption on economies of countries and on international relations.
- Energy Security: Chemical and Nuclear: Non Proliferation, Energy Security, Energy Consumption and its impact on environmental climatic change.
- International Energy Policies of G-8 Countries, G-20 Countries, OPEC Countries, EUCountries.
- International Energy Treaties (Rio, Montreal, Kyoto), INDO-US Nuclear Deal.
- Future Energy Options: Sustainable Development, Energy Crisis: Transition from carbon rich and nuclear to carbon free technologies, parameters of transition.
02: Indian Energy Scenario (C-1.0, L-10)
- Energy resources & Consumption: Commercial and noncommercial forms of energy, Fossil fuels, Renewable sources including Bio-fuels in India, their utilization pattern in the past, present and future projections of consumption pattern, Sector wise energy consumption
- Impact of Energy on Economy, Development and Environment, Energy for Sustainable Development, Energy and Environmental policies, Need for use of new and renewable energy sources.
- Status of Nuclear and Renewable Energy: Present Status and future promise
- Energy Policy Issues: Fossil Fuels, Renewable Energy, Power sector reforms, restructuring of energy supply sector, energy strategy for future.
- Energy Conservation Act-2001 & its features, Electricity Act-2003 & its features.
- Framework of Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Central & States Electricity Regulatory Commissions (CERC & ERCs)
03: Energy Policy
- Global Energy Issues,
- National & State Level Energy Issues, National & State Energy Policy, Industrial Energy Policy,
- Energy Security, Energy Vision.
- Energy Pricing & Impact of Global Variations.
- Energy Productivity (National & Sector wise productivity).
04: Basics of Thermodynamics
- Basic Units, Dimensions and Conversions For Energy, Concepts of Energy, Heat and Work, Ideal gas law, Ist and II law of thermodynamics (Closed and Open Systems)
- Thermodynamics power cycles, Reversible heat Engine cycle, I.C. engine cycles, Carnot Cycle, Rankine Cycle, Otto Cycle, Vapor Refrigeration & power Cycle etc.