Candidates can get Best VIscous Fluid Flow Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
VIscous Fluid Flow
by Frank White
- Review of basic concepts and fluid properties, basic laws of Fluid Motion, internal stresses and external forces on fluid elements, Review of concepts of Kinematics of fluid motion, vorticity, circulation, velocity potential and stream function, irrational flow.
- Governing equations of fluid flow in differential form, Navier Stokes Equation and exact solutions, energy equation and solution of fluid flow with thermal effects
- Dynamics of ideal fluid motion, applications, integrations of Euler’s Equation of Motion, generalized form of Bernoulli Equation, potential flows, Principle of superposition.
- Low Reynolds number approximation of Navier Stokes equation, creeping flow over sphere, Stokes and Oseen approximation, Hydrodynamic Theory of Lubrication
- High Reynolds number approximation, Prandtl’s Boundary Layer Equations, Laminar Boundary Layer over a flat plate, Blausius solution, Falkner-Skan solution, Approximate method for solution of B.L. Equation, Momentum Integral methods, Holstein and Bohlen method, Thermal Boundary layer, Reynolds Analogy.
- Transition to turbulence, introduction to Theory of Hydrodynamic Stability, OrrSommerfield equation, results from transition studies, factor affecting transition and its control
- Fundamental of turbulent flows, Reynolds stress tensor, Phenomenolgoical theories of turbulence, Prandtl’s Mixing Length and Eddy Viscosity concepts, Universal Velocity distribution, Laws of the Wall and the Wake.
- Turbulent flows in two dimensional channel and pipes, velocity field. Smooth and rough pipes, drag reduction in pipes, turbulent boundary layer over a flat plate, laws of drag over flat plates, effect of pressure gradient, boundary layer control, Reynolds analogy for turbulent flow