Candidates can get Best Turbines/Compressors and Fans Books 2017 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2016-2017 entrance exam in India.
Turbines, Compressors and Fans, 4/e
by S.M Yahya
- Introduction to Turbomachines. Classification of Turbomachines. Second Law of Thermo dynamics – turbine/compressor work, Nozzle/diffuser work. Fluid equations – continuity, Euler’s, Bernoulli’s equation and its applications. Expansion and compression processes, Reheat Factor, Preheat Factor.
- Euler’s Equation of Energy Transfer, vane congruent flow, influence of relative circulation, thickness of vanes, number of vanes on velocity triangles, slip factor, Stodola, Stanitz and Balje’s slip factor. Suction pressure and net positive suction head. Phenomena of cavitation in pumps. Concept of specific speed, Shape number. Axial, Radial and Mixed Flow Machines. Similarity laws.
- Flow through Axial flow fans. Principles of Axial fan and propeller. Application of fans for air circulation and ventilation. Stage pressure rise and work done. Slip stream and Blade Element theory for propellers. Performance and characteristics of Axial fans.
- Flow through Centrifugal compressors. Stage velocity triangles, specific work. forward, radial and backward swept vanes. Enthalpy entropy diagram, degree of reaction, slip factor, efficiency. Vane less and vaned diffuser systems, volute as spiral casing. Surge and stall in compressors
- Axial turbine stages, stage velocity triangles, work, efficiency, blade loading, flow coefficient. Single stage impulse and reaction turbines, degree of reaction, 50% reaction turbine stage, Radial equilibrium and Actuator disc approach for design of turbine blades. Partial admission problems in turbines. Losses in turbo machines.