Candidates can get Best Theory of Structures Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Theory of Structures
by S. Ramamrutham
To introduce students to mechanics of structures under static loading conditions. The course forms the second of the sequence dealing with structural engineering and geotechnics for Civil and Environmental engineering students.
Specifically, the objective is to teach students the methods and techniques outlined in the syllabus such that they can solve the type of problems as outlined in the lectures, in the lecture notes and as discussed in tutorials.
- Semester 1 – 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Translate a stated problem in theory of structures to an analytic form.
2. Apply appropriate solution techniques to the problem.
3. Solve the given problem.
4. Understand the meaning of the outcome.
5. Be aware of the limitations of the methods of solution and the outcomes.
- Basic assumptions of theory of structures: ideal materials, small deflections.
- Stress, strain, extension of bars.
- Thermal stresses, thin shells.
- Bending moment and shear force diagrams for beams and simple frames.
- Properties of areas.
- Stresses due to bending: normal and shear.
- Beam deflection: integration and unit-load theorem.
- Stability: column buckling.
- Shear centre, torsion of circular sections.
- Principle of work and energy.
Content covered in GENG1001 Introductory Mechanics.
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Plus informal student consultation.
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term