Candidates can get Best Switchgear Protection and Power Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Switchgear Protection and Power Systems
by Sunil S. Rao
• Elementary principles of arc interruption, Recovery, Restriking Voltage and Recovery voltages, Restriking Phenomenon. RRRV, Current Chopping and Resistance Switching, CB ratings and Specifications, Auto reclosures.
• Description and Operation of following types of circuit breakers: Air Break Circuit Breaker, Air Blast Circuit breakers, Interruption methods, Bulk oil circuit breaker, single and multi-break construction, Minimum oil circuit breaker, Voltage distribution in oil circuit breakers with arc control devices, SF6 circuit breaker, Vacuum circuit breaker
• Modifications of circuit breaker by shunt resistors.
• Comparison of Circuit Breakers for Application
Potential transformers, Current transformers
• Fundamental of Electromagnetic and Static Relays: Principle of Operation and Construction of Attracted armature, Balanced Beam, induction Disc and Induction Cup relays, Relays Classification: Instantaneous, DMT and IDMT types.
• Application of relays: Over current/ under voltage relays, Direction relays, Differential Relays and Percentage Differential Relays.
• Distance relays: Impedance, Reactance and Mho and Off-Set Mho relays, Characteristics of Distance Relays and Comparison.
• Static Relays: Static Relays verses Electromagnetic Relays.
• Generator Protection: Protection of generators against Stator faults, Rotor faults, and Abnormal Conditions. Restricted Earth fault and Inter-turn fault Protection.
• Transformer Protection: Protection of transformers, Percentage Differential Protection, Numerical Problem on Design of CT s Ratio, Buchholtz relay Protection.
• Feeder and Bus-Bar Protection: Differential Protection
• Protection of Lines: Over Current, Carrier Current and Three-zone distance relay protection using Impedance relays, Translay Relay.
• Neutral Grounding: Grounded and Ungrounded Neutral Systems, Effects of Ungrounded Neutral on system performance. Methods of Neutral Grounding: Solid, Resistance, Reactance, – Arcing Grounds and Grounding Practices.
• Protection against over voltages: Generation of Over Voltages in Power Systems, Protection against Lightning Over Voltages, Valve type and Zinc-Oxide Lighting Arresters, Insulation Coordination, BIL, Impulse Ratio, Standard Impulse Test Wave, Volt-Time Characteristics.