Candidates can get Best Slope Stability and Stabilization Methods Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Slope Stability and Stabilization Methods
by Lee W. Abramson and Thomas S. Lee
At the end of this course:
• Students should have a general idea about the stability of slopes.
• Students should have a general idea about the seepage in soils.
• Students should have the ability to analyze and design of man-made and natural slopes.
• Students should be able to apply engineering principles to slope stability issues with realistic site information.
8:00 Registration and Coffee (Day 1 only)
8:30 Seminar begins
12:00 Lunch (provided)
There is a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshments and networking break each morning and afternoon. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Review of Soil Mechanics Concepts
- Basic soil mechanics concepts, index properties of soil, stress in soil
- Flow of water in soil and its engineering consequences, steady-state seepage
- Failure in soil, shear strength properties of soil
- Purpose and scope
- Site investigation techniques, geophysical explorations
- Geotechnical drilling, soil sampling, field tests, lab testing
- Interpretation of geotechnical reports
Slope Stability analysis
- Modes of slope failure
- Factors affecting stability of a slope
- Basic design considerations
- Loading conditions: steady-state seepage, sudden drawdown stability
- Theory of stability analysis
- Common slope stability analysis techniques (hand calculation)
- Use of computer program for slope stability analysis
- Stability during earthquakes
Design Criteria for Embankment Dams
- General design criteria
- Seepage analysis and piping
- Upstream and downstream slope design
- Drawdown stability
- Case studies (hydraulic embankments and tailing dams)
Review of Slope Stabilization Techniques
- Techniques increasing shear strength of slope materials
- Techniques decreasing shear stress in slope
- Stabilization of rock slopes
- Case studies (slope stability analysis and stabilization methods)
Use of Retaining Structures for Slope Stabilization
- Lateral earth pressure
- Selection of proper retaining structure
- Rigid retaining walls for slope stabilization
- Flexible retaining structures for excavation stability
- Geosynthetic walls for slope stabilization