Candidates can get Best Shigley Mechanical Engineering Design Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design – SIE
by Richard G Budynas; J Keith Nisbett
Important Notes, Expectations & Comments:
- Exams will be open (hardcopy) book and closed notes. No electronic devices will be allowed during exams or quizzes except calculators.
- Quizzes will be frequent and unannounced, and may be open or closed book.
- No make-up exams or quizzes will be administered.
- No Late Homework or Design Projects will be accepted or scored.
- Collaboration on homework is recommended. Copying homework is considered cheating.
- Cheating is unacceptable at any time, and will result in immediate failure of the class.
- Attendance is required. Every class has deliverables which will result in loss of points for missing class. Also, students who do not attend class may be dropped from the class.
- Cell Phones, pagers & laptops may not be used in class. Use will result in loss of class credit.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in the classroom.
- October 1st is the last day to drop without a petition.
- Participation in class is desired, recommended, and rewarded.
• Details on the projects will be provided in class. Expectations, grading, & weighting for the Master Project are identified in the Master Project Word File on Bb.
Homework Grading Procedure: Each student must grade their own Homework prior to submitting to instructor, as follows:
• Using a colored pen or marker that stands out from your homework, score each problem next to its identification, and circle the score of each.
• Score each problem as follows:
• SETUP: Score 1 point if all the following is present in your solution:
• Problem Number – Identified (1, 2, 3, etc) & circled
• Given, Find, & Solution – Clearly marked & appropriate pertinent data recorded.
• Sketch – Pertinent sketch of problem shown.
• Neatness – Setup is legible & clear.
• WORK: Score 2 points if all the following is present in your solution:
• Equations – All pertinent equations needed and/or used are shown
• Neatness – All work is legible and clear.
• Complete – Problem is worked to completion & all answers are boxed.
• ACCURACY: Score 0, 1, or 2 points, as follows.
• If all answers requested match the answer provided, score 2 points.
• In only some of the answers provided match the solution, score 1 point.
• If no answer is provided, score 2 points.
• This means each problem score will range from 1 to 5 based on the above.
• Sum your scores to the top of the first page with the total points earned over the total possible (5 times the number of problems), and circle the total score conspicuously.
• If you failed to write your name at the top of the paper, or to staple your work together, score -3 next to the collective score.
• If you did something beyond the homework that you want me to see or score, write “See XYZ” or some such and I will take a look and evaluate.
• I will make any modifications to the grades as needed, and may score punitive point reductions if I feel the scoring is intentionally misleading.
• Any ungraded Homework will not be scored, and will show a zero in my gradebook.