Candidates can get Best Power Electronics Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
- To get an overview of different types of power semiconductor devices and their switching characteristics.
- To understand the operation, characteristics and performance parameters of controlled rectifiers
- To study the operation, switching techniques and basics topologies of DC-DC switching regulators.
- To learn the different modulation techniques of pulse width modulated inverters and to understand harmonic reduction methods.
- To study the operation of AC voltage controller and various configurations.
UNIT I POWERSEMI-CONDUCTOR DEVICES
Study of switching devices, Diode, SCR,TRIAC, GTO, BJT, MOSFET, IGBT-Static and Dynamic characteristics – Triggering and commutation circuit for SCR- Design of Driver and snubber circuit.
UNIT II PHASE-CONTROLLED CONVERTERS
2-pulse,3-pulse and 6-pulseconverters– performance parameters –Effect of source inductance – Gate Circuit Schemes for Phase Control–Dual converters.
UNIT III DC TO DC CONVERTER
Step-down and step-up chopper-control strategy–Forced commutated chopper–Voltage commutated, Current commutated, Load commutated, Switched mode regulators- Buck, boost, buck- boost converter, Introduction to Resonant Converters.
UNIT IV INVERTERS
Single phase and three phase voltage source inverters(both120 modeand180 mode)– voltage & harmonic control–PWM techniques: Sinusoidal PWM, modified sinusoidal PWM – multiple PWM – Introduction to space vector modulation –Current source inverter.
UNIT V AC TO AC CONVERTERS
Single phase and Three phase AC voltage controllers–Control strategy- Power Factor Control – Multistage sequence control -single phase and three phase cyclo converters –Introduction to Matrix converters.