Candidates can get Best Maintenance Engineering and Management Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Maintenance Engineering and Management
- Introduction -Fundamentals of Maintenance Engineering. Maintenance Engineering its importance in material & energy conservation, inventory control, productivity, safety, pollution control etc. Safety Regulations, pollution problems, human reliability, total quality management (TQM), total productivity maintenance (TPM), environmental issues in maintenance, ISO 9000.
- Maintenance Management – types of maintenance strategies, Planned and unplanned maintenance, breakdown, preventive & predictive maintenance.Their comparison, advantages & disadvantages. Limitations , computer aided maintenance, maintenance scheduling, spare part management, inventory control, organisation of maintenance department.
- Tribology in Maintenance, friction wear and lubrication, friction & wear mechanisms, prevention of wear, types of lubrication mechanisms, lubrication processes. Lubricants – types, general and special purpose, additives, testing of lubricants, degradation of lubricants, seal & packings.
- Machine Health Monitoring – Condition based maintenance, signature analysis, oil analysis, vibration, noise and thermal signatures, on line & off line techniques, Instrumentation & equipment used in machine health monitoring. Instrumentation in maintenance, signal processing, data acquisition and analysis, application of intelligent systems, data base design.
- Reliability, availability & maintainability (RAM) Analysis – Introduction to RAM failure mechanism, failure data analysis, failure distribution, reliability of repairable and non repairable systems, Improvement in reliability , reliability testing, reliability prediction, utilisation factor, system reliability by Monte Carlo Simulation Technique.