Candidates can get Best Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals
by John Heywood
1. Basics of IC Engines, Engine components and classification
2. Ideal cycles and Fuel-air cycles
3. Combustion in SI and CI engines, Combustion stages, Combustion chambers and Abnormal combustion
4. Fuel supply systems in SI and CI engines, carburettors, Port fuel injection, Direct injection and Common rail injection
5. Ignition system, Lubrication system and Cooling system
6. Testing of IC engines
7. Engine emissions and control
This course studies the fundamentals of how the design and operation of internal combustion engines affect their performance, operation, fuel requirements, and environmental impact. Topics include fluid flow, thermodynamics, combustion, heat transfer and friction phenomena, and fuel properties, with reference to engine power, efficiency, and emissions. Students examine the design features and operating characteristics of different types of internal combustion engines: spark-ignition, diesel, stratified-charge, and mixed-cycle engines. Class includes lab project in the Engine Laboratory.
Lecturer: Prof. Wai K. Cheng
TA: Vikram Mittal
|Homework + lab reports||10%|