Candidates can get Best Engineering Metrology Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
by R. K. Jain
- Systems of Limits and Fits: Introduction, normal size, tolerance limits, deviations, allowance, fits and their types – unilateral and bilateral tolerance system, hole and shaft basis systems – interchangebility and selective assembly. Indian standard Institution system – International Standard system for plane and screwed work.
- Linear Measurement: Length standard: line and end standard, slip gauges – calibration of slip gauges, Dial indicator, micrometers.
- Measurement of Angles and Tapers: Different methods – Bevel protractor – angle slip gauges – spirit levels – single bar – Sine plate used to determine the tappers.
- Limit Gauges: Taylor’s principle – Design of GO and NO GO gauge, plug, ring, snap, taper, profile and position gauges.
- Optical Measuring Instruments: Tool maker’s microscope and its uses – collimators, optical projector – optical flats and their uses, interferometer.
- Flat Surface Measurement: Measurement of flat surfaces – instruments used; straight edges, surface plates, optical flat and auto collimator.
- Surface Roughness Measurement: Difference between surface roughness and surface waviness – Numerical assessment of surface finish: CLA, R.M.S Values, R2 Values, R10 value – Methods of measurement of surface finish: profilograph, Talysurf – ISI symbol for indication of surface finish.
- Measurement Through Comparators: Comparators: Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Comparators, pneumatic comparators and their uses in mass production.
- Screw Thread Measurement: Element of measurement – errors in screw threads – measurement of effective diameter, angle of thread and thread pitch, profile thread gauges.
- Machine Tool Alignment Tests: Requirement of Machine Tool Alignment Tests, Alignment tests on lathe, milling, drilling machine tools, Preparation of acceptance charts.
- Gear Measurement: Gear measuring instruments, Gear tooth profile measurement, Measurement of diameter, pitch pressure angle and tooth thickness.