Candidates can get Best Elements of Electronics Navigation Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Elements of Electronics Navigation
by Nagaraja, N
1. Principles of Radar: Introduction, The simple form of Radar Equation, Radar Block
diagram and Operation, Radar Frequencies, millimeter and submilimeter
waves, Applications of Radar.
2. Radar Equation: Prediction of Range Performance, Minimum Detectable Signal,
Receiver Noise, Signal to Noise Ratio, Matched filter impulse response,
Integration of radar Pulses, Radar Cross Section of Targets, Cross section
Fluctuations, Radar Clutter-surface clutter, sea clutter and Land clutter
,weather clutter, Transmitter Power, Pulse Repetition Frequency and Range
ambiguities, Antenna Parameters, system losses, propagation effects, other
3. Antennas for Radar & Navigation : Introduction, Fundamental Antenna Concept,
Reflector Antennas ,phased Array antennas, Loop Antenna
4. CW and FM Radar: The Doppler effect, CW radar, FMCW radar, Airborne Doppler
Navigation, Multiple Frequency CW radar
5. MTI and Pulse Doppler Radar: Introduction, Delay line Cancellers, Multiple or
staggered Pulse Repetition Frequencies, Range gated Doppler Filters, Block
Diagram of Digital Signal Processor, Example of MTI radar Processor, , Pulse
Doppler Radar, Non coherent MTI ,MTI from moving platform, Other types
of MTI, Airborne radar.
6. Tracking and Imaging Radar: Tracking with radar, Monopulse tracking, Conical
scan and sequential lobing, Low angle tracking, Air Surveillance Radar,
Introduction to Synthetic aperture radar(SAR).
7. Navigation: Introduction, Four Methods of Navigation.
8. Radio Direction Findings: Loop Antenna, Loop input circuits, aural null direction
finder, Goniometer, Errors in Direction Finding, Adcock Direction Finder, Its
advantages over loop antenna, Direction Finding at very high frequency,
Automatic Direction Finder, Range and Accuracy of Direction Finders.
9. Radio Ranges: LF/MF Four course Radio Range, VHF Omni Directional Range, and
VOR receiving Equipment, Range and Accuracy of VOR.
10. Hyperbolic Systems of Navigation: LORAN, DECCA navigation system
11. Aids to approach and Landing:
Instrument Landing System, Ground controlled Approach System,
Microwave landing system , Distance Measuring Equipment, TACAN,
12. Modern Navigation : Doppler navigation–Doppler Effect, New configuration,
Doppler frequency equations, Track stabilization, Doppler navigation system ,
GPS principle of operation, Position location determination, principle of GPS