Candidates can get Best Electrical Power Distribution Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
ELECTRICAL POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
by V. Kamaraju
UNIT – II DISTRIBUTION FEEDERS
- Design Considerations of Distribution Feeders: Radial and loop types of primary feeders, voltage levels,
feeder loading; basic design practice of the secondary distribution system.
UNIT – III SUBSTATIONS
- Location of Substations: Rating of distribution substation, service area within primary feeders. Benefits
derived through optimal location of substations.
UNIT – IV SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- Voltage drop and power-loss calculations: Derivation for voltage drop and power loss in lines, manual
methods of solution for radial networks, three phase balanced primary lines.
UNIT – V PROTECTION
- Objectives of distribution system protection, types of common faults and procedure for fault calculations.
Protective Devices: Principle of operation of Fuses, Circuit Reclosures, line sectionalizes, and circuit
UNIT – VI COORDINATION
- Coordination of Protective Devices: General coordination procedure.
UNIT – VII COMPENSATION FOR POWER FACTOR IMPROVEMENT
- Capacitive compensation for power-factor control.
Different types of power capacitors, shunt and series capacitors, effect of shunt capacitors
(Fixed and switched),
Power factor correction, capacitor allocation – Economic justification – Procedure to
determine the best capacitor location.
UNIT – VIII VOLTAGE CONTROL
- Voltage Control: Equipment for voltage control, effect of series capacitors, effect of
AVB/AVR, line drop compensation.