Candidates can get Best Electrical Power Capacitors Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
ELECTRICAL POWER CAPACITORS:Design and Manufacture
by Tagare, D
- This course gives the complete knowledge of electrical distribution systems, the design of feeders, substations. It also gives conceptual knowledge on how to determine the performance of a distribution system through its important parameters i.e. voltage drops and power losses and the very important thing that protection of the system by means of protective devices and their co-ordination during the several fault conditions. It also specifies how to improve the voltage profiles and power factor of the system to better value using various voltage control and compensation techniques.
UNIT – I
- Introduction & General Concepts: Introduction to distribution systems: Load modeling and characteristics. Coincidence factor, contribution factor loss factor – Relationship between the load factor and loss factor. Classification of loads: Residential, commercial, Agricultural and Industrial loads and their characteristics.
UNIT – II
- Distribution Feeders & Substations: Design Considerations of Distribution Feeders: Radial and loop types of primary feeders, voltage levels, feeder loading; basic design practice of the secondary distribution system. Substations: Rating of distribution substation, service area within primary feeders. Benefits derived through optimal location of substations.
UNIT — III
- Distribution System Analysis: Voltage drop and power-loss calculations: Derivation for voltage drop and power loss in lines, manual methods of solution for radial networks, three phase balanced primary lines.
- Protective Devices & Co Ordination: Objectives of distribution system protection, types of common faults and procedure for fault calculations. Protective Devices: Principle of operation of Fuses, Circuit Reclosures, and line sectionalizes, and circuit breakers. Coordination of Protective Devices: General coordination procedure.
UNIT – V
- Voltage Control & RF Improvement: Equipment for voltage control, effect of series capacitors, line drop Compensation, effect of AVB/AVR. Power- factor control using different types of power capacitors, shunt and series capacitors, effect of shunt capacitors (Fixed and Switched), capacitor allocation – Economic justification —Procedure to determine the best capacitor location.