Candidates can get Best Electrical Machines/Drives and Power Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems
by Theodore Wildi
By the end of the module the student should be able to…
- Understand the principles of operation and analysis of electrical power systems.
- Calculate the power requirements of machines and prepare a specification for a drive system. Select appropriate drive components to meet a specification.
- Analyse critically the operation of a drive system and formulate and test hypotheses about its operation.
- Use appropriate instruments to measure the performance of a system. Analyse and present the results in a concise, informative and readable way.
- Magnetic systems
- Passive components and DC transients
- Fundamentals of electrical power in AC systems and power factor correction
- 3 phase star and delta connected systems
- 3 phase transformers
- Fundamentals of load flow analysis and Power systems
- Synchronous Machines
- Induction Machines
- DC Machines
- Introduction to Power Electronics for electric drive systems
- Case studies
This module includes 25 hours of lectures, 5 hours of seminars, 2 hours of examples classes and 6 hours of laboratory sessions.
Required self-study: 112 hours
A 15 CATS module: 70% examined via a 3 hour paper
Exam rubric information
- 4 compulsory questions
and 30% assessed consisting of laboratory report (10%) and test (20%).