Candidates can get Best Electrical Machines and Power Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Electrical Machines and Power Systems – Problems with Solution
by Indulkar C.S.
This course is about electromechanics and uses electric machinery as examples. It teaches, at the level of MIT graduate students, an understanding of principles and analysis of electromechanical systems. At the end of the subject the students will have the capability of doing electromechanical design of the major classes of rotating and linear electric machines, and will have an understanding of the principles of the energy conversion parts of mechatronics. The approach taken is “relentlessly classical” in the sense that it attempts to develop an understanding of the phenomena that are important. Use of numerical methods is made only as a last resort when other methods will not do, as emphasis is placed on understanding phenomena and interactions. In addition to design, students will also learn how to estimate the dynamic parameters of electric machines and understand what the implications of those parameters are on performance of systems incorporating those machines.
Examples taken from current research include some set of:
- Doubly-fed induction motors such as the machines that are used for wind turbine generators. Since we are attempting to use such machines in our research into microgrids and in ship propulsion, we will spend a little effort at trying to figure out how to control them.
- Improvements in induction motors, such as might be used in traction drives.
- If time permits, we might consider some other types of wacky, non-conventional motors for prosaic uses such as “white goods.”
Topics covered include:
- Treatment of transformers, electromechanical transducers, rotating and linear electric machines
- Lumped parameter electromechanics of interaction
- Consideration of the basic machine types: DC, induction, synchronous
- Development of device characteristics: energy conversion density, efficiency
- Development of system interaction characteristics, regulation, stability, controllability, and response