Candidates can get Best Electrical Design Estimating and Costing Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Electrical Design Estimating and Costing
by K.B. Raina
- Introduction to estimation & costing, Electrical Schedule, Catalogues, Market Survey and source selection, Recording of estimates, Determination of required quantity of material, Labor conditions, Determination of cost material and labour, Contingencies, Overhead charges, Profit, Purchase system, Purchase enquiry and selection of appropriate purchase mode, Comparative statement, Purchase orders, Payment of bills, Tender form, General idea about IE rule, Indian Electricity Act and major applicable I.E rules.
- General rules guidelines for wiring of residential installation and positioning of equipments, Principles of circuit design in lighting and power circuits, Procedures for designing the circuits and deciding the number of circuits, Method of drawing single line diagram, Selection of type of wiring and rating of wires and cables, Load calculations and selection of size of conductor, Selection of rating of main switch, distribution board, protective switchgear ELCB and MCB and wiring accessories, Earthing of residential Installation, Sequence to be followed for preparing estimate, Preparation of detailed estimates and costing of residential installation.
- Concept of commercial installation,Differentiate between electrification of residential and commercial installation, Fundamental considerations for planning of an electrical installation system for commercial building, Design considerations of electrical installation system for commercial building, Load calculation and selection of size of service connection and nature of supply, Deciding the size of the cables,busbar and bus bar chambers, Mounting arrangements and positioning of switchboards, distribution boards main switch etc, Earthing of the electrical installation, Selection of type wire, wiring system and layout, Sequence to be followed to prepare estimate, Preparation of detailed estimate and costing of commercial installation.
- Concept of service connection, Types of service connection and their features, Method of installation of service connection, Estimates of under ground and overhead service connections, Inspection of internal wiring installations, Inspection of new installations, Testing of installations, Testing of wiring installations, Reason for excess recording of energy consumption by energy meter.
- Introduction, Important considerations regarding motor installation wiring, Determination of input power, Determination of input current to motors, Determination of rating of cables, determination of rating of fuse, Determination of size of Condit, distribution Board main switch and starter.
DESIGN AND ESTIMATION OF OVERHEAD TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION LINES
- Introduction, Typical AC electrical power system, Main components of overhead lines, Line supports, Factors governing height of pole, Conductor materials, Determination of size of conductor for overhead transmission line, Cross arms, Pole brackets and clamps, Guys and Stays, Conductors configuration spacing and clearances, Span lengths, Overhead line insulators, Insulator materials, Types of insulators, Lightning Arrestors, Phase plates, Danger plates, Anti climbing devices, Bird guards, Beads of jumpers, Muffs, Points to be considered at the time of erection of overhead lines, Erection of supports, Setting of stays, Fixing of cross arms, Fixing of insulators, Conductor erection, Repairing and jointing of conductor , Dead end clamps, Positioning of conductors and attachment to insulators, Jumpers, Tee-offs, Earthing of transmission lines, Guarding of overhead lines, Clearances of conductor from ground, Spacing between conductors, Testing and commissioning of overhead distribution lines, Some important specifications.
DESIGN AND ESTIMATION OF SUBSTATIONS
- Introduction, Classification of substation, Indoor substations, Outdoor substations, Selection and location of site for substation, Main Electrical Connections, Graphical symbols for various types of apparatus and circuit elements on substation main connection diagram, Key diagram of typical substations, Equipment for substation and switchgear installations, Substation auxiliaries supply, Substation Earthing