Candidates can get Best Doebelin’s Measurement Systems Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Doebelin’s Measurement Systems
by Ernest Doebelin and Dhanesh Manik
- To understand concepts of pseudocode and various errors.
- To solve algebraic, transcendental and system of linear equations by using various techniques.
- To understand the concepts of curve fitting, interpolation with equal and unequal intervals.
- To understand the concepts of numerical differentiation and numerical integral by various methods.
- To solve the ordinary differential equations with initial condition by numerical techniques.
- To solve the partial differential equations using numerical techniques.
- Simple mathematical modeling and engineering problem solving – Algorithm Design – Flow charting and pseudocode – Accuracy and precision – round off errors.
NUMERICAL SOLUTION OF ALGEBRAIC EQUATIONS
- Solution of nonlinear equations: False position method – Fixed point iteration – Newton Raphson method for a single equation and a set of non- linear equations Solution of linear system of equations by Gaussian elimination-Gauss Jordan method – Gauss 10 Seidel method.
CURVE FITTING AND INTERPOLATION
- Curve fitting – Method of least squares – Regression – Interpolation: Newton‟s forward and backward difference formulae – Divided differences – Newton‟s divided difference formula – Lagrange‟s interpolation – Inverse interpolation
NUMERICAL DIFFERENTIATION AND INTEGRATION
- Numerical differentiation by using Newton‟s forward, backward and divided differences – Numerical integration by Trapezoidal and Simpson‟s 1/3 and 3/8 rules – Numerical double integration.
NUMERICAL SOLUTION OF ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- Initial value problems – Single step methods: Taylor‟s series method – Truncation error – Euler and Improved Euler methods – Fourth order Runge – Kutta method – Multistep methods: Milne‟s predictor – corrector method.
NUMERICAL SOLUTION OF PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
- PDEs and Engineering Practice – Laplace Equation derivation for steady heat conduction – Numerical solution of the above problem by finite difference schemes – Parabolic Equations from Fourier`s Law of Transient Heat Conduction and their solution through implicit schemes – Method of Lines – Wave propagation through hyperbolic equations and solution by explicit method. Use of MATLAB Programs to workout solutions for all the problems of interest in the above topics