Candidates can get Best Design of Steel Structures Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
- DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES
by NEGI L S
- To introduce the students to limit state design of structural steel members subjected to compressive, tensile and bending loads, including connections. Design of structural systems such as roof trusses, gantry girders as per provisions of current code (IS 800 – 2007) of practice.
- Properties of steel – Structural steel sections – Limit State Design Concepts – Loads on Structures – Connections using rivets, welding, bolting – Design of bolted and welded joints – Eccentric connections – Efficiency of joints.
- Types of sections – Net area – Net effective sections for angles and Tee in tension – Design of connections in tension members – Use of lug angles – Design of tension splice – Concept of shear lag
- Types of compression members – Theory of columns – Basis of current codal provision for compression member design – Slenderness ratio – Design of single section and compound section compression members – Design of laced and battened type columns – Design of column bases – Gusseted base
- Design of laterally supported and unsupported beams – Built up beams – Beams subjected to uniaxial and biaxial bending – Design of plate girders – Intermediate and bearing stiffeners – Flange and web splices.
ROOF TRUSSES AND INDUSTRIAL STRUCTURES
- Roof trusses – Roof and side coverings – Design of purlin and elements of truss; end bearing – Design of gantry girder.