Candidates can get Best Design of Electrical Installations Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Design of Electrical Installations
by Er. V.K. Jain and Er. Amitabh Bajaj
GENERAL DESIGN ASPECTS:-
- Basic principles of magnetic circuits – use of B-H curves in magnetic circuit; Calculations of MMF for air gap and teeth; Real and apparent flux density; Field Form; Air gap flux distribution factor (field form factor); Magnetising current calculation; Leakage Reactance calculation for various types of slots, Iron loss calculation concepts; Insulating Materials & Classifications
DESIGN OF STARTERS AND FIELD REGULATORS:-
- Introduction and review of A.C. and D.C. starters; Schematic diagrams of control circuit and power circuit for starters with contactors and timers. Design of starters and Field regulators.
DESIGN OF SMALL TRANSFORMERS AND CHOKE COILS:-
- Design of Small single-phase transformers; Design of variable air gap single phase and three phase choke coil; Design of ballast
DC windings :
- Simplex & Duplex windings; Lap & Wave windings; Applications; Basic terms related to armature windings; Dummy Coils; Equalizer connections; Split coils.
AC windings :
- Introduction; No. of phases; Phase spread; Concentric winding, Hemitropic winding; Whole coil winding; Mush winding; Double layer windings; Integral slot lap and wave winding; Fractional slot lap and wave windings; Performance analysis of various windings.
Estimation and Costing for Residential and Commercial wiring:-
- Preparation of schematic diagrams and estimation of cost of wiring for Tenaments, Row houses, Bungalows, Flats, Multi – Storied Buildings, Commercial Complexes like Offices, Hospitals, Hotels, Theatres.
Design consideration of Electrical Installation:-
- Types of load, Electrical Supply Systems, Wiring systems, Load Assessment, Permissible voltage drops & Conductor size calculations, Design of Control panel. Estimation and costing for service connections.