Candidates can get Best Control Systems Engineering Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
- To introduce the elements of control system and their modeling using various Techniques.
- To introduce methods for analyzing the time response, the frequency response and the stability of systems
- To introduce the state variable analysis method
UNIT I CONTROL SYSTEM MODELING
Basic Elements of Control System – Open loop and Closed loop systems – Differential equation – Transfer function, Modeling of Electric systems, Translational and rotational mechanical systems – Block diagram reduction Techniques – Signal flow graph
UNIT IITIME RESPONSE ANALYSIS
Time response analysis – First Order Systems – Impulse and Step Response analysis of second order systems – Steady state errors – P, PI, PD and PID Compensation, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT IIIFREQUENCY RESPONSE ANALYSIS
Frequency Response – Bode Plot, Polar Plot, Nyquist Plot – Frequency Domain specifications from the plots – Constant M and N Circles – Nichol‟s Chart – Use of Nichol‟s Chart in Control System Analysis. Series, Parallel, series-parallel Compensators – Lead, Lag, and Lead Lag Compensators, Analysis using MATLAB.
UNIT IV STABILITY ANALYSIS
Stability, Routh-Hurwitz Criterion, Root Locus Technique, Construction of Root Locus, Stability, Dominant Poles, Application of Root Locus Diagram – Nyquist Stability Criterion – Relative Stability, Analysis using MATLAB
UNIT V STATE VARIABLE ANALYSIS
State space representation of Continuous Time systems – State equations – Transfer function from State Variable Representation – Solutions of the state equations – Concepts of Controllability and Observability – State space representation for Discrete time systems. Sampled Data control systems – Sampling Theorem – Sampler & Hold – Open loop & Closed loop sampled data systems.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Perform time domain and frequency domain analysis of control systems required for stability analysis.
- Design the compensation technique that can be used to stabilize control systems.