Candidates can get Best Computer Techniques in Power System Analysis Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Computer Techniques in Power System Analysis
by Pai, M
POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- This course introduces formation of Z bus of a transmission line, power flow studies by various methods. It
also deals with short circuit analysis and analysis of power system for steady state and transient stability.
UNIT -I Power System Network Matrices-1
- Graph Theory: Definitions, Bus Incidence Matrix, Ybus formation by Direct and Singular Transformation
Methods, Numerical Problems.
UNIT -II Power System Network Matrices-2
- Formation of ZBus: Partial network, Algorithm for the Modification of ZBus Matrix for addition element for the
following cases: Addition of element from a new bus to reference, Addition of element from a new bus to
an old bus, Addition of element between an old bus to reference and Addition of element between two old
busses (Derivations and Numerical Problems).- Modification of ZBus for the changes in network ( Problems)
UNIT –III Power flow Studies-1
- Necessity of Power Flow Studies – Data for Power Flow Studies – Derivation of Static load flow equations
– Load flow solutions using Gauss Seidel Method: Acceleration Factor, Load flow solution with and
without P-V buses, Algorithm and Flowchart. Numerical Load flow Solution for Simple Power Systems
(Max. 3-Buses): Determination of Bus Voltages, Injected Active and Reactive Powers (Sample One
Iteration only) and finding Line Flows/Losses for the given Bus Voltages.
UNIT – IV Power flow Studies-2
- Newton Raphson Method in Rectangular and Polar Co-Ordinates Form: Load Flow Solution with or
without PV Busses- Derivation of Jacobian Elements, Algorithm and Flowchart.
Decoupled and Fast Decoupled Methods.- Comparison of Different Methods – DC load Flow
UNIT – V Short Circuit Analysis-1
- Per-Unit System of Representation. Per-Unit equivalent reactance network of a three phase Power
System, Numerical Problems.
Symmetrical fault Analysis: Short Circuit Current and MVA Calculations, Fault levels, Application of
Series Reactors, Numerical Problems.
UNIT –VI Short Circuit Analysis-2
- Symmetrical Component Theory: Symmetrical Component Transformation, Positive, Negative and Zero
sequence components: Voltages, Currents and Impedances.
Sequence Networks: Positive, Negative and Zero sequence Networks, Numerical Problems.
Unsymmetrical Fault Analysis: LG, LL, LLG faults with and without fault impedance, Numerical Problems.
UNIT –VII Power System Steady State Stability Analysis
- Elementary concepts of Steady State, Dynamic and Transient Stabilities.
Description of: Steady State Stability Power Limit, Transfer Reactance, Synchronizing Power Coefficient,
Power Angle Curve and Determination of Steady State Stability and Methods to improve steady state
UNIT –VIII Power System Transient State Stability Analysis
- Derivation of Swing Equation. Determination of Transient Stability by Equal Area Criterion, Application of
Equal Area Criterion, Critical Clearing Angle Calculation.- Solution of Swing Equation: Point-by-Point
Method. Methods to improve Stability – Application of Auto Reclosing and Fast Operating Circuit