Candidates can get Best CNC Programming Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
by Ashok Kumar Singh
Manual Numerical Control Programming (3 hours)-Prerequisites: ENTC 1110 &/or 2170 & ENTC 2200. A study of the capabilities, programming procedures, advantages, and disadvantages of numerical control (N/C) and computerized numerical control (CNC) metalworking machine tools. Manual methods for generating, debugging, and running point-to-point and continuous path programs including linear and circular interpolation, canned cycles, loops, and subroutines to produce work pieces of increasing complexity. Lecture and laboratory.
The primary focus of this course is on manual programming of numerical control (N/C) machine tools. Students learn what N/C machines are, what they can do, and how they do it. Beginning with the basic concepts of program structure, students learn how to write, edit, and debug N/C programs and use the programs on a N/C machine to produce a part. Programs become more complex as the semester progresses and require more sophisticated programming techniques. With the purchase of the AXYZ CNC Router, we now have CAM capability and will incorporate CADD-CAM program development into the curriculum.
As an outcome of successful completion of the course, the student should:
- Understand the nature, applications, advantages, and disadvantages of numerical control machine tools.
- Understand and follow safety-related procedures for part design and machine operation.
- Manually write, edit, debug, and use N/C programs to produce a piece part.
- Utilize canned cycles, loops, and subroutines.
- Set up, communicate with, and safely operate N/C machines.
- Select cutters, cutting and spindle speeds, and feedrates for both N/C mill and N/C lathe programs.
- Understand basic tooling and part holding requirements.