Candidates can get Best Automobile Engineering Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
A Textbook of Automobile Engineering
by R.K. Rajput
- Classification of fluids. Properties of fluids. Centre of pressure. Plane and curved surfaces. Buoyancy and stability of floating bodies. Fluid Dynamics: Laws of kinematics of fluid flow. Lagrangian and Eulerian method. Stream function and potential functions. Continuity, momentum and energy equations. Bernoulli’s equations and its applications. Pressure measurements, pitot static tube, venturimeter, and orifice plate. Applications of momentum equations. Dimensional Analysis: Buckingham’s theorem, Non-dimensional numbers, similarities of flow. Model studies. Laminar and Turbulent Flows: Reynolds experiments. Flow relation between shear stress and pressure gradient. Flow between parallel plates. Characteristics of turbulent flow. Flow through pipes. Energy losses in pipes. Flow around immersed bodies. Fluid Machinery: Principles of operations of centrifugal and axial pumps. Turbo blowers and turbines. Principles and working of gear, vane and reciprocating pumps.
Series Solution of Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE); Special Functions:
- Introduction, validity of series solution of an ordinary differential equation, general method to solve equation of the type: P0y//+P1y/+P2y=0; problems; Bessel’s equation; properties of Bessel’s function; Recurrence formula for Bessel’s function of first kind (Jn(x)); Equation reducible to Bessel’s equation; Legendre’s equation, Legendre function; Recurrence formula for Legendre function (Pn(x)); Orthogonality relation.
Calculus of Complex Variable:
- Functions, Limits and Continuity, Analytic Functions, Cauchy Riemann Conditions, Analytic Continuation, Complex Integration and Cauchy’s Theorem, Cauchy’s Integral Formula, Taylor’s and Laurent Series, Zeros of an Analytic Function; Poles, Essential Singularities, Residue Theorem and its application to evaluation of integral, Introduction to Conformal Mapping, Simple problems.
Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and its Applications:
- Introduction, linear and nonlinear equation of first order; examples; homogeneous linear equations with constant coefficients and variable coefficient of second order, Separation of variables, Formulation and solution of wave equation; one dimensional heat flow equation and solution; two dimensional heat flow equation and solution.
Linear Programming Problem (L.P.P):
- Mathematical Formulation, Graphical Solution and Simplex Method, Charnes Big-M Method, Transportation Problems, Assignment Problems (Hungarian Method).