Candidates can get Best Alternative Building Materials and Technologies Books 2018 also a Top List of Main Study Materials for 2017-2018 entrance exam in India.
Alternative Building Materials and Technologies
by K.S. Jagadish
1. Energy in building materials
2. Environmental issues concerned to building materials
3. Global warming and construction industry
4. Environmental friendly and cost effective building technologies.
5. Requirements for building of different climatic regions.
6. Traditional building methods and vernacular architecture.
1. *Characteristics of building blocks for walls
2. Stones and Laterite blocks
3. Bricks and hollow clay blocks
4. Concrete blocks
5. Stabilized blocks : mud blocks, steam cured blocks, Fal-G Blocks stone masonry block.
3.Properties and uses
4.Fibre reinforced concretes
6.Fibers : metal and synthetic
7.Properties and applications
8.Fibre reinforced plastics
10.Fibers : organic and synthetic
11.Properties and applications
12.Building materials from agro and industrial wastes
13.Types of agro wastes
14.Types of industrial and mine wastes
15.Properties and applications
16.Field quality control test methods
1.Alternative for wall construction
8.Ferrocement and ferroconcrete building components
9.Materials and specifications
13.Alternative roofing systems
16.Composite beam panel roofs
17.Masonry vaults and domes
1.*Compressive strength of masonry elements
2.Factors affecting compressive strength
3.Strength of units, prisms / wallettes and walls
4.Effect of brick work bond on strength
5.Bond strength of masonry : Flexure and shear
6.Elastic properties of masonry materials and masonry
1.IS Code provisions
2.Design of masonry compression elements
3.Concepts in lateral load resistance
1.*Cost concepts in buildings
2.*Cost saving techniques in planning, design and construction
3.*Cost analysis : Case studies using alternatives.
2.*Equipments for production of stabilized blocks
3.*Moulds and methods of production of precast elements.